- The Beginning Professional Writer
- The Beginning Professional Publisher
- The Beginning Professional Storyteller
- The Intermediate Professional Storyteller
- Business Planning for Professional Publishers
- The Healthy Professional Writer
- The Three Act Structure for Professional Writers
- How to Launch a Magazine for Professional Publishers
- Pulp Speed for Professional Writers
- Growing as a Professional Artist
- Beginning Marketing for the Professional Publisher
- Covers for the Professional Publisher
- NaNoWriMo For the Rest of Us
- Series and Continuity for Professional Writers
- World-Building Space Opera
- Story Structure
- In Media Res
- Improving Your Craft for the Professional Writer
- PREP-TOBER Business for Breakfast Box Set
Have you always wanted to create your own magazine? You can. The world has changed and the tools are now available.
See how a team of plucky independent writers came up with and launched Boundary Shock Quarterly, a speculative fiction quarterly that looks as professional as anything coming out of New York. Don't lose your shirt, your marriage, or your mind in the process.
"How to Launch a Magazine for Professional Publishers" expertly guides indie writers and publishers looking to move beyond just publishing their own work to stepping up to a more advanced game.
- Sample pitch document to recruit your authors
- Contract language for Syndicate members
- Tips and tricks for editing to get the most emotional impact
- The tools of the future and how they have leveled the playing field
- Letting someone else handle the money
Be sure to read the rest of this series of bite-sized business and craft advice.
Publisher: Knotted Road Press