- The Beginning Professional Writer
- The Beginning Professional Publisher
- The Beginning Professional Storyteller
- The Intermediate Professional Storyteller
- Business Planning for Professional Publishers
- The Healthy Professional Writer
- The Three Act Structure for Professional Writers
- How to Launch a Magazine for Professional Publishers
- Pulp Speed for Professional Writers
- Growing as a Professional Artist
- Beginning Marketing for the Professional Publisher
- Covers for the Professional Publisher
- NaNoWriMo For the Rest of Us
- Series and Continuity for Professional Writers
- World-Building Space Opera
- Story Structure
- In Media Res
- Improving Your Craft for the Professional Writer
Readers really do judge books by its cover. It's frequently the first thing that a reader encounters. Maybe the last, if its not compelling.
A beautiful cover isn't enough. If the cover doesn't suit your story, if it doesn't instantly convey the correct genre and tone, doesn't re-enforce your author brand, it will do you more harm than good.
This book isn't to teach you how to create your own covers. Instead, it's to help you learn about covers, learn about design, learn about genre and tone.
Knowing Your Genre
Elements of a Cover
Paper Book Covers
If you are a new publisher just starting out, or an experienced hand who woke up one morning and discovered that the old tricks didn't work anymore, this book is for you.
The Business for Breakfast series contains bite-sized business advice. This is a 201 level book, with intermediate-level advice for the professional.
Be sure to read all the books in this series!
Publisher: Knotted Road Press